Many years back, more than 30 I was already studying the Bible prophecies. At the time it became apparent that the world at the time of the Tribulations would go into wars defined in geopolitical areas and all revolving around Israel and in particular Jerusalem.
It was always understood by me that Satan was going to manipulate the political systems of the world to position his elect the Antichrist in a position of power and authority. In my reasoning at the time I saw that the two most powerful nations at that time were the USA and the Soviet Union and with the prophetical biblical background that I had acquired it was my conclusion that if we were in or near the end times approaching the Apocalypse the Antichrist was being positioned to take control of the biggest military system in the world.
The role of Russia was easy to see as the Red Horse of the second seal and the Gog of the Ezekiel 38 prophecy. In Ezekiel Gog is defeated by God in the mountains of Israel and it shows the Nation of Israel burying the dead for seven months and living seven years from the spoils of war. This led to my conclusion that this Nation was not the one that the Antichrist was coming from.
A prophetic dilemma was presented in that the prophet Daniel implied that the Antichrist would come from the people that destroyed the Temple and these were the Romans. It became clear to me that the USA was made up of mostly descendants from the Kingdoms of Europe and as such the people were descendants of the Roman empire.
I concluded then and I still do that the Antichrist will come from the USA and we come to the present time where Barack Hussein Obama is the reelected president of the most powerful Nation in the world. It is the most powerful militarily, economically, scientific and industrial Nation of all the world. The article below covers only the military part, but it is enough to prove the point.
The article by Mr. Tom Franks is very good and it shows in one place all the factors that make the US military the most powerful in the world. One thing that is missing from the article is the atomic power that is available to this country.
The exact number of nuclear weapons in global arsenals is not known. With little exception, each of the nine countries with nuclear weapons guards these numbers as closely held national secrets. What is known, however, is that more than a decade and a half after the Cold War ended, the world’s combined stockpile of nuclear warheads remain at unacceptably high levels.
Focus on the United States of America
By Tom Frank
The role of the United States in Bible prophecy is something I wish the Bible would have clarified in further detail. Like most of the world, the United States is not specifically mentioned in the Bible. This very fact makes things very difficult for students and teachers alike as they attempt to pinpoint where this country will be at the End of this Age. Sure, it is easy to see how this country will be part of a one world system, but to be honest; I would love to see the amount of detail found in Ezekiel 38-39 for example.
Several months ago I began looking deeper in an attempt to discover this mystery and I found nothing but speculation by ministers and experts alike. Some of what I found made a ton of sense, as various individuals tied in the United States to several prophecies. For example, here a few of the more interesting ones I came across.
· The United States is the messengers and ambassadors or a tall and smooth skinned people located in Isaiah 18:2.
· The United States is the great eagle that is found in Revelation 12:14.
· The United States is the Mystery Babylon found in Jeremiah 50 and Revelation 17-18.
· The United States is the villages or young lions located in Ezekiel 38:13.
· The United States is the sword that can be found in Ezekiel 38:21.
· The United States is the coastlands that are mentioned in Ezekiel 39:6.
· The United States is the eagles wings found in Daniel 7:4.
As you can see, there is a ton of guesses out there and as a result of this; I decided to take a different approach to this topic and its one that centers on the might of the US Military.
At the forefront of military power, the United States of America is leading the way. Here are some figures based on 2011 numbers that I obtained from IISS (International Institute for Strategic Studies). As a disclaimer, I want to announce that I am all for having a powerful national defense, but some of these statistics are alarming when viewed through the lenses of scripture.
· The United States accounted for 45.7% of all money spent on the military on the planet Earth.
· The United States spent 8.2 times more than China,and 14.03 times more than Russia.
· The United States spent 739 Billion dollars, which is more than the next 9 countries behind it, combined (487 billion).
So now that weknow how much the United States is spending on the military as compared to the rest of the world, where on earth is this money going? According to 2011 data that is publically available:
· The United States has more than 1000 bases worldwide.
· The United States has a base in 150 countries throughout the globe.
· The United States has around 1.5 million military personnel in foreign lands.
· The United States has a military base on every single continent on Earth with the exception of Antarctica.
These numbers are quite shocking and for good reason, there hasn’t been a nation in the history of this planet that has managed this feat. Oh, and by the way, these numbers do not include the massive amount of “lily pad” bases scattered everywhere that remain classified. For those that do not know, a “lily pad” base is a small launch point for Special Operations that are launched under classified actions. Going further, here is a global ranking on the US Military in specific categories based on data from 2011.
· Total active manpower – 1,477,896 (2nd in the word)
· Total reserve manpower – 1,458,500 (4th in the world)
· Total aircraft – 18,234 (1st in the world: 3 times more than #2)
· Total helicopters – 6,417 (1st in the world: 7 times more than #2)
· Total tanks – 9,573 (2nd in the world)
· Total infantry vehicles – 26,653 (1st in the world)
· Total towed artillery – 2,163 (5th in the world)
· Total self-propelled guns – 950 (8th in the world)
· Total rocket artillery – 1,430 (4th in the world)
· Total logistical vehicles – 267,247 (1st in the world: 4 times more than #2)
· Total aircraft carriers – 11 (1st in the world: more than the rest of the world combined)
· Total submarines – 75 (1st in the world)
· Total destroyers – 59 (1st in the world: 2 times more than #2)
· Total frigates – 30 (3rd in the world)
· Total nuclear weapons – 2,150 active warheads (1st in the world)
Now while the US military is not leading the way in all categories, it is however significantly more powerful in offensive projection due to naval and air power. This means that the US military can go to any place in the world and sustain the conflict.
With the United States and its ability to anywhere on the globe bring destruction down an adversary, what are some of the weapons they are going to be using? Here is a list of some of the weapons that are not only the most destructive on the planet, they possess a technological advantage that other weapons systems deployed by other nations.
· The F-22A Raptor – A 5th Generation air superiority fighter that utilizes stealth, speed, maneuverability and advanced avionics that will provide the US an advantage over all other nations in air combat for the next few decades. There are approximately 196 aircraft in inventory with each one costing around $150 million per plane. Much of these airplanes abilities are classified.
· The GBU-57 Massive Ordinance Penetrator – A 30,000 pound bomb that is capable of penetrating through 200 feet of concrete before detonating thus making it near impossible to hide from this weapon. There are 20 bombs in US inventory with program costing $314 million. The weapon is designed to be dropped by the B-2 Spirit stealth bomber.
· The XM25 “Punisher” – A 25 mm grenade launcher that affords the US warfighter the ability to engage targets that are behind cover by air bursting the projectile over the enemy. The weapon system was deployed in Afghanistan in 2011 and approximately 41 are in service. In 2013, the US Military will begin production of 12,500 rifles at $25,000 each.
Some of you might be thinking that given the state of the world’s economy and specifically the United States financial issues, the drive for military dominance would end. However, there are no plans to do so, and in a rare speech made from the Pentagon, President Obama declared that – “Our military will be leaner, but the world must know the United States is going to maintain our military superiority”.
Two years ago, on April 10th, 2010, then Secretary of Defense Robert Gates declared that United States possessed a capability known as Prompt Global Strike. But before I explain what this system is, let us take a look at what the Bible has to say about how this world will be at the End of this Age.
· I Thessalonians 5:3 (NIV) – While people are saying, “Peace and safety,” destruction will come on them suddenly, as labor pains on a pregnant woman, and they will not escape.
So let me ask everyone this question – Where is this destruction going to come from?
Keeping this verse in mind, allow me to describe what Prompt Global Strike is. In short, this system provides the US Military the ability to strike anywhere on the globe in one hour. This system includes the use of ICBM’s, hypersonic cruise missiles and a kinetic weapon system launched from space. In 2011, a test was conducted of the system as a missile was launched from Hawaii and struck a target in the Atoll Islands some 3,700 miles away. The entire sequence occurred in less than 30 minutes.
I found this system very interesting because of what is found in Daniel 8. To those unfamiliar with this chapter, it predicts the arrival of the Anti-Christ and his destructive actions after he arrives.
· Daniel 8:19 (NIV) – He said: “I am going to tell you what will happen later in the time of wrath, because the vision concerns the appointed time of the end.
I – Here we have Gabriel beginning to explain the vision Daniel had by informing him that what he has seen will transpire at the end or time wrath.
· Daniel 8:23 (NIV) – “In the latter part of their reign, when rebels have become completely wicked, a stern-faced king, a master of intrigue, will arise.
I – The Anti-Christ arrives on scene
· Daniel 8:24 (NIV) – He will become very strong, but not by his own power. He will cause astounding devastation and will succeed in whatever he does. He will destroy the mighty men and the holy people.
· Daniel 8:25 (NIV) – He will cause deceit to prosper, and he will consider himself superior. When they feel secure, he will destroy many and take his stand against the Prince of princes. Yet he will be destroyed, but not by human power.
I – In these verses we can see that the Anti-Christ will be responsible for worldwide devastation, only to be destroyed by Jesus himself at the end of the Tribulation.
Some of you might be thinking that I am saying the United States of America will be the location in which the Anti-Christ comes out of.
I am not.
Daniel 12:4 states that no one will know the correct interpretation of the Book of Daniel until the end.
· Daniel 12:4 (NIV) – But you, Daniel, close up and seal the words of the scroll until the time of the end. Many will go here and there to increase knowledge.”
So… what am I saying then?
Well, regardless of what your stance is on the Rapture and unless the United States is wiped off the face the Earth, the US Military will exist at the time of the Tribulation and could be a part of the cause that causes worldwide destruction.
Come Quickly Lord. Amen.